Monday 4 February 2008

My 5 years old laptop

My exam was over almost a week ago. From 4 papers i took, i only satisfied with 1 paper which is IC technology paper. I did fine for the other 3 but i feel i can do better. Anyway, exam was over and there is nothing i can do about it.

A week before my exam kick off, my laptop 'meragam'. It also happened last year. I suspect that the faulty is because of the hard disk . Probably some of the hard disk clusters have damaged. If files are saved at the damaged clusters, it will be corrupted or missing. Since the missing file was crucial windows file, the laptop can't booting.

Since my cd/dvdrom driver is no longer working, i need to buy a new one too. The system don't detect external cdrom drive. My laptop is almost 5 years old and it is hard to find spare parts for my laptop. Luckily, i found a second hand cdrom drive for my laptop model on eBay. But it cost me 25 pounds. The price doesn't make sense but i have no choice. I also trade in my faulty cdrom drive to the seller for 5 quid.

I bought a new 120GB hard disk from eBay as well. It cost me 43 quid including the postage. Initially i want to buy the hard disk from nearby computer shop but their price were too expensive. One shop sell 80GB for 66 quid while the other one sell 120GB for 60 quid. 43 quid for 120GB is really a bargain.

Now, my 5 years (4 years 4 months to be precise) old laptop is powered by 120GB hard disk and working dvdrom drive. Much better than new MacBook Air. hahaha. MacBook Air only have 80GB hard disk and no optical drive. I think next month i want to upgrade the RAM.

Hopefully, my machine will still works for another 4 years. hahaha.

3 comments:

[danial][ma] said...

hej! hahahahaha...of course when you compare with the storage but in term of technology, heheheheheh i think MacBook Air much advanced...hehehehehe...i love my MacBook...yeeehhhhaaaa...

Pena Biru said...

did u buy the macbook air? or u use other model?

[danial][ma] said...

hej! nop, but i am using MacBook Black...maybe i will buy MacBook Air, but dunno when... :)